About CVAA Membership
CVAA is a collective endeavour and our ways of working reflect that. We work flexibly and collaboratively to achieve our objectives, drawing on the skills of our members – and providing visible leadership and a voice. We are independent of any individual provider, and in a competitive market we provide a co-operative forum for drawing together the best of the adoption system’s intelligence, expertise and innovation, developing new ideas, and supporting each member to achieve excellence. We are advocates for our members and the work they do, and provide challenge too.
For our members, CVAA will:
- Advocate on behalf of our members and their objectives to ministers and politicians, civil servants and other stakeholders
- Represent members on national forums such as the Adoption Leadership Board and with Ofsted
- Provide policy forums to explore current issues, and develop new policy ideas, informed by intelligence from our members
- Hold events throughout the year, including networking events and an annual event for Trustees of member agencies
- Regularly produce data dashboards and share practice in the members area of our website
- Continue to uphold and develop the inter-agency fee
- Provide individual support and advice to members on specific challenges in business and practice
- Promote our members and their events through our website, mailing lists and events
Who is eligible for full membership?
To be eligible for full membership an organisation must be a registered voluntary adoption agency operating on a not-for-profit basis and be based in England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland or the Isle of Man.
Who is eligible for associate membership?
To be eligible for associate membership an organisation must be a registered adoption support agency operating on a not-for-profit basis and be based in England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland or the Isle of Man. Associate members may not be voluntary adoption agencies.
Find out more
CVAA welcomes new members and associate members from eligible organisations.
To request an application form, or should you need any further information, please contact Patrick Sarsfield, CVAA Business Support Officer: