CVAA is developing a programme of work to support and promote practice excellence in VAAs. This project is aimed at:
- improving the confidence and skills of senior practitioners in VAAs to use research and evidence in their practice;
- increasing the capacity of VAAs to collect data on the impact of their services and evaluate their practice;
- supporting sector collaboration on collective responses to shared challenges, to strengthen a national network of high quality services.
This practice excellence programme is informed by voluntary sector innovation and draws on the sector’s expertise in permanence and adoption. It is supported by Practice Improvement Funding from the Department for Education.
The examples of practice being developed and showcased through this work are framed around three overarching priorities areas where outcomes for children could be improved.
Priority 1: Placement of priority children
- To improve outcomes for those groups of children who are less well served by the adoption system than others
Priority 2: Permanency planning
- To improve early decision-making about permanency, whatever the right permanent home for a child, and develop new and effective models of permanency planning where appropriate
Priority 3: Adoption support
- To improve the effectiveness and availability of excellent, life-long adoption support, to all parties to adoption, including birth families.
In conjunction with this work CVAA is holding a number of practice improvement events aimed to encourage sharing of good practice, networking, and with a focus on learning about evidence informed practice. Members can access resources from these events in our members’ area (hyperlink). Please see below for information regarding upcoming events.
Bristol October 2017
Birmingham November 2017
London January 2018