Adoption Assessment Team Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £44,500 (including outer London weighting)
Location: Barnet, North London
Come and join IAC – The Centre for Adoption (IAC). IAC is an outstanding adoption agency (Ofsted Inspections 2014 and 2017) and is the lead agency for the Intercountry Adoption Regional Adoption Agency for England. Based in Barnet it has both UK-wide and international reach as it is the only adoption agency in the UK to be recognised as foreign partner adoption agency in States of origin from where children are placed in intercountry adoption. IAC also has a small domestic adoption programme principally for intercountry adopters seeking to change their focus to the adoption of children in the UK.
IAC is seeking to recruit a Team Manager in our busy Assessment Team. The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge and understanding of adoption assessment and experience of working in and managing an adoption team, either as a Team Manager or Senior Practitioner with supervisory experience. Ideally the candidate will also have a good knowledge of intercountry adoption, although this is not essential.
You will be responsible for supervising staff, sustaining and developing partnerships with Regional Adoption Agencies, Local Authorities and Voluntary Adoption Agencies in striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for children placed, regardless of their origins.
You should be HCPC registered, with a professional social work qualification and solid post qualifying experience in Children and Families work and Adoption Services.
Closing date for application: 29th April
Tentative Interview date: 9th May 2018
For an informal discussion contact Irene Levine, Operational Director on 0208 449 2562.
For an application pack please contact Barbara Orchard on Office Line 020 8449 2562, Direct Line 020 3627 9480 or by email email@example.comREAD MORE READ LESS
Policy and Development Manager
Salary: £30-£40k (depending on experience)
Reporting to: Chief Executive
What we are looking for: we want to recruit a new policy and development manager to lead CVAA’s policy function, work on cross-system policy issues as part of the team supporting the Adoption Leadership Board and develop the service and support we provide to adoption charities across the UK.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
READ MORE READ LESS
Child and Family Therapists
Role: Child & Family Arts Therapists/Psychotherapists/Psychologists
Working hours: Part-time: 2 to 4 days per week
Location: London & Leeds offices
Salary: £34,000-£37,019 per annum, pro rata
Contract: Fixed term for one year – with a view to becoming permanent
We are looking for experienced, professional Child and Family Therapists to join our dedicated teams in London and Leeds to help support the essential work we offer to adopted and permanently placed children and adolescents, together with their parents/carers.
Joining us, you will:
- Take an active role in the provision and development of our assessment and therapeutic work with adopted and permanently placed children and adolescents, together with their parents/carers.
- Have an active interest in, and experience of, working with children and adolescents who experienced early life trauma prior to their adoptive placement (or other permanent placement).
- Have an active interest in, and experience of, working with parents and carers who parent (or will be parenting) previously traumatised children and adolescents.
- Facilitate the occasional training day or workshop on adoption related matters for adoptive parents or professionals
- Support the production of online training resources/webinars
- Run themed support groups for parents
- Possess the confidence and experience to work with children, young people and their families in their own home environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- A professional qualification in a relevant field e.g. child/adolescent/family or creative arts therapies, psychotherapy, psychology or social work with a counselling or therapeutic diploma with 3-year post-qualifying experience
- Or: 5 years relevant experience whilst completing a recognised professional training in child/adolescent/family or creative arts therapies, psychotherapy, psychology or social work with a counselling or therapeutic diploma.
For further details and an application form, please visit: http://www.pac-uk.org/about/vacancies/
- Please note we do not accept CVs.
- Closing date -LONDON: Sunday 8th April 2018 – Interview dates – LONDON: 18th & 19th April
- Closing date – LEEDS: Mon 30th April – Interview date – LEEDS: 8th May
- Click here to view the Job Description
- Click here to view the Person Specification